5 Tactics to Thrive
As we continue to deal with COVID19 and it’s affects, it is important to stay positive. As business owners we don’t only want to survive this time but to thrive in it with a postive attitude.
Here are 5 tactics to implement today to help your business:
- Be Strategic Successful businesses have a written set of plans: business goals, business strategies and marketing plans. A good marketing plan details Who your target is, Where your prospects hang-out, What they want to purchase, Why they want it and How to reach them in the most cost effective way. You should not do any marketing until you have such a plan. You also need to have honed your networking skills with our Rule of 3’s.
- Be Visible While most business cut back on marketing and advertising, successful businesses maintain regular contact with prospects and customers. They keep their brand in front of prospects because while none of us knows when someone will make a purchase, what we do know is that if our brand in not upper-most in the prospect’s mind when he/she is ready to buy, we have lost the opportunity.
- Be Selective Successful businesses sharpen their pencils during recessions when reviewing marketing expenditures. Now more-than-ever each marketing expenditure must be an investment rather than an expense meaning it has to add more revenue than it costs to run. To know this you have to Test and Measure to know the real results rather than guessing or assuming.
- Be Creative Successful businesses stay on top of the most effective way of reaching their prospects. In today’s economic climate, the old ways of reaching prospects are suspect at best (Yellow Pages, direct mail, telemarketing). You need to employ guerilla marketing tactics such as sending a gift and card to get your prospect to read your message (e.g.: SendOutCards), finding ways of personalizing every message you send (e.g.: Constant Contact), or hanging-out where your prospects hang-out (e.g.: Starbucks).
- Be Open to Getting Help The most successful business owners are the ones who know their own limits and invest money to educate themselves in the areas where they weak. To learn more about any of these topics, attend an upcoming ActionCOACH workshop or call for a complimentary coaching session.